Playstation released beta of the new firmware of the Playstation 4 with code number 4.00. This firmware will come with a lot of new features and modifications. Let see together what's all this.
- Refresh of the system interface design
- Improved pop-up notifications
- New design of the system icons
- Addition folders (finally!)
- Improved "Quick Menu" (accessible with the PS button) which will be faster and clear with a display that does not completely hide the screen game.
- Ability to customize the "Quick Menu" (shortcuts, groups, communities ...)
- New wallpapers
- Ability to create folders in the horizontal navigation bar and in the library of the PS4
- Added new display modes of the game library (purchased content, content installed ...) a new sorting system and a search module
- Update the look of PSN profiles for better readability without scrolling
- Ability to add a screenshot to PSN profiles
- Redesign of the function and menu "Share" which will be faster and more intuitive
- Ability to share longer videos on Twitter 140s against 10s before)
- Possibility to see the trophies offline as on the PS3 and PS Vita
- Ability to preview the trophies of the current game in the "Quick Menu" without returning to the main menu
- Added a button to view the contents of a hidden trophy
- Changing the scarcity of icons of a trophy
- Ability to view the progress in the trophies via the profile of another player
However remember that this is just a beta and nothing is certain about all these new features and modifications. Stay tune for updates about the firmware 4.00 when it'll be out officially.
Here are some screenshots gotten by Damonx on the Japanese website of Playstation